Friday, December 7, 2012

Baseball Hall of Famer unintentionally shoots Chicago Cubs manager while quail hunting

Former Milwaukee Brewer shortstop and Baseball Hall of Famer Robin Yount was quail hunting with Chicago Cubs manager Dale Sveum in Arizon.
According to Sveum the two were hunting around 50 yards apart. "The bird got up in front of him, and he lost track of where I was and pulled the trigger. I was just looking for birds myself. It was behind me, so I got drilled with pellets in the back and one stuck in the ear."
Yount and Sveum were teammates in Milwaukee and have hunted together before.
Sveum brushed off the incident and jokingly started calling his friend Dick Cheney (in reference to the former vice president who unintentionally shot a friend while hunting in Texas).
Thankfully, Sveum was not seriously hurt in the shooting, because that would have been no joking matter.


No comments: